TITLE AVAILABILITY & CLEARANCE REPORT
♦ Sample Report Located Below ♦
The most comprehensive clearance tool of its kind to check or verify the availability and/or the uniqueness of proposed titles for motion pictures, television productions, books, software, video games, plays, music or any other creative property.
Purpose – What do you use title searches for?
Use the U.S. Title Availability Report to:
- Determine the availability of a title and satisfy Errors & Omissions insurance requirements.
- Perform due diligence.
- Avoid public confusion and complications in promoting your work.
- Identify litigation risks.
Product Details – What information is reported in a title search?
The U.S. Title Availability Report covers:
- U.S. Copyright Office records pre and post 1978.
- Entertainment related citations from film and television to books and works of art.
- Similar titles for creative works that sound and look like your proposed title.
- Trade news and in production information on works with exact or similar titles.
- Current and most comprehensive coverage of your proposed title.
Title Availability and Clearance Searches use a comprehensive range of sources including:
- U.S. Copyright records (1928 to present) including registration and renewal data, in-process records and recorded assignment and transfer of ownership information.
- Numerous online entertainment industry databases, trade publications and books.
- Extensive internet research using the latest methodologies.
- Most extensive animation and video game coverage on the market.
- U.S. Federal, U.S. State, Canada, EC, UK, DE, WIPO trademarks in entertainment related classes of goods and services.
- Domain names from all ICANN accredited registrars - .com, .org, .edu, .gov, .biz and .info